CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Dream Come True for Our Two Eldest Princesses

The Bug's Life 4-D movie. Need I say more? It was FABULOUS! And, this picture makes me laugh!


That Santa Claus is one BRILLIANT man, if I do say so myself! He really went over the top this year with a vacation to Disneyland. Who knew it would be such a hit with the girls? Honestly, I worried that they might be disappointed on Christmas morning when they got a Minnie Mouse doll and the promise of an upcoming vacation. In the end, this vacation was anything but disappointing.

As much as I dreaded getting everyone packed up and ready to go (not to mention that Tanner and I were seriously ill for three days leading up to our vacation - thanks to my Mom and Grandma Ollie for coming to my rescue...they did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms and anything else that needed to be taken care of while I laid in bed), it was a vacation we'll never forget.

Tanner and I were pumped. After all, the last time each of us went to Disneyland, it looked something like this...

So, maybe it wasn't THAT long ago, but it felt like it! We figured we were in for days of riding in the teacups. After all, our girls (well, at least one of them), just isn't that adventurous. But, oh how they proved us wrong. Lauren's favorite ride ended up being Space Mountain. I never dreamed they'd buy into the "scary rides", but by the last day, nothing would stop them.

We flew out early in the morning. The girls were so excited that they wanted to wear their Minnie Mouse ears to the airport and on the plane. It was the cutest thing ever - the girls in their ears and with their Princess and Dora suitcases in tow. We flew JetBlue for the first time. Let me tell you, I just loved that airline. Each seat has it's own TV/movies. So, the girls watched cartoon channels during the flight, drank Sprite and ate chocolate chip cookies. We could have gone home then and it would have been a fabulous vacation. Seriously, they were in heaven. They've never been lucky enough to indulge in cartoons, pop AND treats at 8:00 in the morning! Anyway, their first flight was a huge success. Here's Laur and Pai in the airport, anxiously awaiting the boarding process.

As soon as we flew into Long Beach (By the way, have you ever seen that airport? It was so small, it put my hometown to shame. Had my friend Alisa not prepared me, I would have thought we were in the wrong place. It seriously consists of a couple of modular trailer-type-things. Very amusing.), we hopped in our rental car and headed to Disneyland. We spent most of the first day at California Adventure and loved it! We saw shows, rode rides and met several characters. It was a perfect day-one.

On day two we spent more time in Disneyland, but went back to California Adventure for the Aladdin show (which was splendid!) and a few other rides we had missed on day one. It was a little rainy, but I really think that worked to our advantage. The parks were empty. There were no waits for rides and, from what I hear, we were very lucky not to wait in lines for hours.














11 comments:

Hayden and Kelly

Oh my heck... i just grin and grin looking at those pictures. I'm still on a post disneyland buzz. Santa went to town!!! Way to go!

Jamie

Oh how much fun!!! We went last year and I want to go back so bad! What fun memories for your kids!

Anonymous

How fun! I'm so jealous. We're not going until November! That seems so far away.
I can't believe you guys were in a car accident. How scary. I'm glad you guys are ok.

houseofgirlsandjohn

Wow, you have been busy posting!!! Looks like you guys had a great time. We are all soooo jealous. Thanks for the tips on inkleys. I will look into it.

Amie

Every minute of this looks like SO much fun! I'm getting pumped for when WE go! We're waiting until our youngest ones are a little older and then taking everyone. Our neighbors tell us we're crazy for waiting, though! :) I'll e-mail you on that peer helper camp memory. I wouldn't want him googling his own name- and reading this! :O

Harris

I'm so glad you had so much fun. I know what you mean by everything being better than you expected. I was nervous when we went and the boys LOVED it. I remember Brevin asking if we could move to Cal. so that we could go to Disneyland every day!

I cannot even believe you got in a wreck... those freeways are seriously crazy. I'm glad you guys are alright! Scary.

Super cute pics. I love the one at the airport!

Nick and Stacey

Oh so fun! I love all the cute pictures I am glad the girls loved it so! It is the best taking your kids to Disneyland! I too agree about the Long Beach Airport, Nick laughs at me, because after taking off from that airport I decided that is one thing that I am high maitinence about is the airport, beside the fact I get so freaked out about flying in the first place.

courtnee

Super fun memories. It is fun seeing your family, they are darling. I agree you were watched over-accidents scare me.
Courtnee

Heather

How Fun! I can't wait to go when Aidan is a little older. Disney Land is so much more fun with kids! Today at church I was asking Lauren and Paityn all about it. And Paityn told me (direct quote) "it was her dream come true!" To which Lauren gave her a funny look. I was laughing so hard! Seriouly, could your girls be any cuter?!?

And Scary about the car accident! I'm glad you guys are all okay!

John and Alisa

Kristin, what cute photos! I can't believe how different some of our pictures are for going so close together. Those flowers in front that look like Mickey Mouse...totally different arrangement from when we were there two weeks earlier! Crazy!!! I'll try to keep up in this world of blogging. :)

Cute Family

That is so cute. We went last summer, but Jon wants to go back this summer with both the girls. We left Abbie home. Sorry about the accident. Your girls are so big!