How many people dedicate a blog post to their car? Seriously crazy, right?
I still remember the day my parents bought her. I was just starting jr. high. A few years later, I learned to drive in her. And a few years after that, my sister learned to drive in her.
My sister wasn't near as kind to her as I was. Kell learned how to burn rubber, dent hoods, get cigarette burns in upholstery (although her and her friends NeVeR smoked - it's still a mystery as to how those burns got there ;) and have full-on parties inside this machine.
The bean has a history. How could you not after 20 great years? This history gives us something to look back at and laugh about...and tease Kell about!
The bean served us well, nonetheless. There's really no need for her anymore. My dad retired (no more commuter car needed) and Tanner has been fortunate enough to upgrade his commuter to something with A/C and a working speedometer.
So, she's for sale. And, I'm really quite sad about it. This is why I could never have a pet (I'd be all-too-devastated when it died) and the same reason I keep begging my girls to stay young (I want them to be with me forever!).
Who is lame enough to become emotionally attached to a 20 year-old car? I am.
5 comments:
I am! I am! I'm right there with ya on the attachment issues! Pet, kids, cars and all. Here's crazy: I still have a key to the old Dodge Shelby on my key chain. Ry asked me why and I told him if I ever see it again, I might just get in it and drive away with it. :) I LOVE this post.
p.s. Did you see my rebuttle about being scared of sleeping out? I put it on fb hoping you'd see it there. I WAS NOT ever afraid... ;)(lol)
I love old cars too! My high school car still lives and is driven everyday by my sister's in-laws. Everytime I see it I have a moment of silence. :)
I love it. I think old cars like that are members of the family. Hopefully who ever buys it will love it just as much. K. I saw your comment on my blog. I can't find your email address for some reason. But I am coming up in August for a few days and have some extra time. I would love to do a photo shoot with you guys. Email me or text so we can schedule something.
ahhhh, the bean. you've been good to me old friend. party on!
You make me laugh! Although, I do agree with you, I was very sad when my dad sold my very first car too :)
Post a Comment