We had a brilliant idea (or so it seemed!): we'd travel to Seattle to spend Thanksgiving with Tanner's oldest brother's family. It was a solid, well thought-out and planned trip....until mother-nature wreaked havoc on our road trip.
I've never spent so many consecutive hours in the car. What we thought would be a 13 hour roadtrip turned into days and days of driving. I'd program our destination into the GPS each morning and we'd set out with an estimated arrival time of early-afternoon. Then, I would watch the GPS ever-so-gently bump that arrival time later and later and later (at which point we'd pull off, get a room and begin the adventure again the next day). It was super slow-going. But, in the end, it was worth the trip!
When we finally arrived in Seattle, we spent a couple of fun-filled days with Troy, Jody (the most gracious of hosts!) and their sweet kiddos (Kelly, Jaime, and Luke). Our time there was short but worth it!
The day we arrived was Laur's actual birthday. She was bummed that we had to travel all day on her birthday, but Aunt Jody and the kids surprised her with cake and presents when we arrived (which made up for the lame day of traveling :).
I've never spent so many consecutive hours in the car. What we thought would be a 13 hour roadtrip turned into days and days of driving. I'd program our destination into the GPS each morning and we'd set out with an estimated arrival time of early-afternoon. Then, I would watch the GPS ever-so-gently bump that arrival time later and later and later (at which point we'd pull off, get a room and begin the adventure again the next day). It was super slow-going. But, in the end, it was worth the trip!
When we finally arrived in Seattle, we spent a couple of fun-filled days with Troy, Jody (the most gracious of hosts!) and their sweet kiddos (Kelly, Jaime, and Luke). Our time there was short but worth it!
The day we arrived was Laur's actual birthday. She was bummed that we had to travel all day on her birthday, but Aunt Jody and the kids surprised her with cake and presents when we arrived (which made up for the lame day of traveling :).
The Thanksgiving dinner was amazing and Jody made it look so effortless - she truly was an amazing host.
Thanks for a fabulous Thanksgiving, Troy and Jody! We love you!!
1 comments:
SO much fun! You will never forget that road trip! We need to all meet up in Seattle sometime! I would love to go there!
Post a Comment