FiVe ThInGs (you may or may not know!)
10 years ago I was:
1. In college, studying to become a CPA.
2. Dating my future husband, Tanner.
3. Buying my first new car…a white 1998 Honda Civic (which our old neighbors in Layton still own – Tanner finally convinced me that it was too small for him (poor guy had to tilt his head to sit in it!)).
4. Living in College Ave. apartments in Cedar City (for any SUU alum, you can pity me now!). The only thing that made it bearable was cute Tanner only lived a few doors away.
5. Pretty carefree and without much responsibility.
5 things on today’s “to-do list”:
1. Volunteer at Lauren’s school
2. Pick up Lauren, Lance, Paityn and Ally from school
3. Grocery shop…there’s no milk or bread to be found in this house
4. Plan FHE
5. Laundry (does it ever end?!?)
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Diet Coke (this counts, right?!)
2. Fruit
3. Chips and Salsa
4. Chocolate
5. Kettle Corn
5 places I have lived:
Ferron
St. George
Cedar City
Las Vegas
Syracuse
5 jobs I have had:
1. Checker, pizza maker, meat cutter, produce displayer, cart attendant (you name it…I probably did it) at Ferron Merc & Drug.
2. Auditor at Arthur Andersen (yes, Enron’s evil accounting firm).
3. Auditor at KPMG.
4. Manager/Shareholder at James & Co.
5. Stay-at-home Mom to my three princesses (my most recent and rewarding job yet!).
5 pet peeves:
1. Yucky smells
2. Having a dirty house
3. Terrible customer service (which includes long lines and when the store is out of the sale items you went for)
4. Pushy salesmen
5. Brussel sprouts (who thought those things up, anyway…ewwww!)
5 things that bring me joy:
1. My family. I couldn’t be more blessed. Seriously, I have the best husband in the whole world. I adore him. And, together, we’ve welcomed three amazing children into our family. Family is everything to me. I have an indescribably fabulous sister, mom and dad. Love ‘em to pieces.
2. My church. My belief in an afterlife, eternal families, a kind and aware Heavenly Father and a loving Savior give me purpose and direction. Knowing where I came from and where I’m going gives me great peace and joy.
3. Recreation. I love camping, riding 4-wheelers and boating. I’ve been able to see some of the most beautiful country in the world on a 4-wheeler and a J-Rig. Tanner introduced me to river-rafting in the Grand Canyon…a must-see and must-do in this lifetime. There is magnificent beauty all around us. Oh, and a good workout on the elliptical. That’s some seriously-good, joy-creating recreation!
4. Home. I’m a home-body…what can I say. My home is a sanctuary – it’s a place of peace and rest for me. I love to be at home with family and friends (as long as it’s nice and shiny and clean and tidy!!).
5. Friends. I feel so blessed to live among such warm and loving people. I have friends who would do anything for me. I miss my family a lot and living away from them has been hard. But, I have the sweetest friends who have become my family away from home.
I tag any of my fellow bloggers that would love to share...
4 comments:
I didn't know you met Tanner at SUU and I'm for sure going to have to add river rafting down the Grand Canyon to my list of things to do someday!
Okay, I didn't know you were an accounting guru with your CPA and that you went to SUU. I don't have my CPA, but did graduate in Acccounting. And ditto to your pet peeves!!! Like Aimee, river rafting down the Grand Canyon sounds like a must to add to the bucket list!
I can't get over the fact that you are a CPA... I totally would have never guessed that. Beau worked for Deloitte before we moved here. Crazy!! Your house must be spotless... I need some pointers. I cannot keep mine clean for the life of me.
Kristin - 12 years ago we were on Council at Dixie and I remember Tanner trying to get you to go out with him! How funny! I really miss you both nd would very much like to get together! I forgot you guys lived here in Vegas, then I remembered the day I saw you guys on the Paradise as we were both driving down it! You're kids are absolutely beautiful too!
Post a Comment