CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

The HoNeY-dO List


I have a confession to make. I'm a habitual list-maker. Sometimes I make lists for myself and sometimes I make honey-do lists for Tanner. I get so much satisfaction from crossing off items on my to-do list. And, honestly, I've been known to add items to my to-do list that are either done or very close to done - just to immediately cross them off and get that oh-so-good sense of accomplishment. Crazy, I know. Even insane, maybe.

So, I found it very amusing when I came home late last night from a Young Women's meeting and found this list on the kitchen counter. While I was gone, Lauren was at dance and Tanner was home with Paityn and Raegan. Evidently, Lauren had made a to-do list for her dad before she left (since Lauren and I (aka Mother Hens) were going to be gone). This list gave Tanner a clear idea of what needed to be done in our absence. The most important things...brush the girlies' teeth.

Stuff like this just makes me smile. It really should scare me because I've created a monster (or, rather, Kristin II). Lauren and I are so much alike - whether it's to-do lists or anything else. I love and adore that girl, monster or not!

14 comments:

Anonymous

That's too cute. I am such a list maker it's not even funny! In fact, I just got done making one about 15 minutes ago!

Hayden and Kelly

Oh my heavens I am laughing so hard I'm crying!!!! She is you to a T! Oh my! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!

Cody

That is soooo funny and cute! I love it! I'm a total list maker as well. Ryan laughs at me because I'll put stuff on my list that I've recently done--but to me it's the satisfaction of at least accomplishing something!

Anonymous

This was the perfect post to make my whole day! She is definitely growing up to be Kristen II! :)

Nick and Stacey

That is so funny! I love it! Good to see if you ever are gone, you know Lauren will take charge! She is so funny! I hope Tanner got it done, wouldn't want him to not be able to make two thing off!!! So Funny!

houseofgirlsandjohn

well it looks like you are in good company with list makers. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to make lists. I swear it is like therapy to look at a full list of things to do and every single little thing is crossed off. I loved this post!!!!

Tara Mc

That is so darling. My little Britnee makes these at our house and I'm putting them all into her memory box. And Lauren looks like she's just as smart as her mom, she's writing very well for her age.

Harris

So cute!! I love little kids- they do the funniest things. I wish that I was better about getting everything crossed off of my list.

Mist

Kris- That is so cute. I think that lists are great and sometimes I think that dads need lists:) but I don't think that it would go over as well if MOM wrote that list (so tell your sweet little list maker to keep it up!) Her hand writing is looking as beautiful as yours!

Busy Mamma

Kristin! That is awesome!! More little Kristin's is okay with me! I think you are fantastic!!!

Aimee

Great minds think alike!!! I think it's a beautiful thing when a little girl wants to grow up to be her mamma. And, with the two of you in the house, Tanner will never have to remember a thing--you two will do it for him!

courtnee

Hey Kristen,
Your blog is cute. I have not talked to you for years-what a beautiful fam. Love ya still.
Courtnee

Jamie

She is too cute! I'll always remember your lists that you would make sure you left on your desk before you left every day of what you needed to do... I thought you were so organized and always on top of things. You actually got me into the lists at work too!

Cute Family

Your kids are so big and cute! How fun! How are you guys?