CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

These Are a Few of My FaVoRiTe Things...

Why, oh why, am I so obsessed with Diet Coke? I'm embarrassed to admit that one of Lauren's first words was "Coke." Sad. Really sad. But, I still go on loving it.

I once heard a friend say that she was SURE there would be a Diet Coke machine (with an endless supply, of course), in Heaven. I have LOVED that gal ever since and I'm really hoping she's right :).


I told myself that, starting this morning, I 'm going to eat healthier. After all, we have an upcoming river trip in the Grand Canyon. And, I hear I'm doing an InTeNsE 12-mile hike to Mooney Falls. I'm not sure whose BRIGHT idea that was!

Ugh. I tHiNk that means some limitations on my Diet Coke AND chocolate consumption. Why is it that I'm CONSUMED with thoughts of Diet Coke and chocolate already? Honestly! It's only 10:30 in the morning on the first day of "limitations." This eating healthier stuff is for the birds!


Let me just tell you, over the weekend, we indulged in {what seemed like} a million different goodies dipped in the chocolate fountain. Can I just tell you how yummy the carmel and chocolate covered nuts were? Oh, and the chocolate covered cream puffs? And then there were chocolate covered pretzels. I really can't stop thinking about them. I dreamed about them last night.

Well, I'm off to do the laundry - in hopes that my thoughts can change to something a bit healthier. Wish me well...

7 comments:

Amie

Okay, I've seen a VERY recent picture of you in your wedding dress, so you're allowed to eat ANYTHING you want dipped in chocolate! :) I've decided I'm taking two, not just one but TWO days off of my diet for my upcoming birthday. I've never looked forward to a birthday more. :)

Kimberly Lee

I don't get this obsession with Diet Coke, I swear everyone I know LOVES it. Personally I think it is disgusting, but whatever. Just workout then you can eat whatever you want, that's my motto!! Good luck!

John and Alisa

Kristin, it does sadden me to hear you are swearing of Diet Coke. Does that mean no more visits to Jesse at the local Sonic? I agree with the first comment above...don't think you need to worry about cutting out chocolate or Diet Coke. The 12 mile hike does sound a bit scary though. :)

Hayden and Kelly

We can't be sisters if you dont drink diet coke. I will NOT let you turn your back on it! NO NO NO NO!

Cooper Clan

Can I tell how much sense that makes to me!!! I thought I was the only one with those strange, early morning obsessions...funny thing, my sister also says we can't be friends if I stop drinking the Diet Dr Pepper! ha ha

Cute Family

For me, whenever I say I am going to cut back on something is when I want it the most. Good luck!

Amy Anholt

Kristin - I love your blog! I'm envious at how good you are to keep it up. I've been emailing you but I think I have a bad address. When you get a chance, send me a quick note. I would love to catch up. My email is amyanholt@gmail.com.