
All
Pai wanted for her 5
th birthday was a swimming party at Great Grandma Ollie's house.
No fuss and no special requests (other than a princess cake AND a flip-flop cake - who asks for two cakes, anyway?!).

She invited her
neighborhood girl friends. They are such a sweet group of
girlies. We did a
neighborhood joy school with most of these girls two years ago and it's so hard to believe that they'll all be starting
kindergarten within the next few weeks.
Pai loves her friends...and isn't afraid to express and show her affection. She hugged each one of her friends after she opened their present. So sweet!

Here's the princess cake made by Ya Ya (my mom). It's pretty much a tradition: Ya Ya makes the birthday cakes (whether she likes it or not!). She always does an
AmAzInG job.

Since it was a two-cake request birthday party, I decided to do the flip flop cake (after all, I couldn't ask Ya Ya to do TWO cakes). It was my first attempt at a non-rectangle and out-of-the-pan cake. Making the cake was a complete nightmare. I had envisioned a couple of effortless hours in the kitchen. After the first cake stuck to the pan, I should have said that one cake was enough. But I didn't. There were so few requests from
Pai and my motherly-instinct told me I could do it. So, at 11:00 the night before, I starting baking cake no. 2. All in all, it turned out
ok. It's a good thing I love
Pai to pieces. Note to self: never use Skittles as cake decorations in the heat - they run, melt and make a mess.
Raegan loves
Danzer and is always chasing him down for another kiss.
Dad, Mom, Kelly and
Danzer came to
Pai's birthday party. Mind you, it's a three hour drive each way and they literally came for a few hours and then had to turn-around and go home (for my dad's work). My family supports my kids 110% in everything my girls do - whether it's dance, school, birthdays or other special events. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I love you guys! Thanks for being a HUGE part of my
girlies' world.

We swam, we made paper lei necklaces, we wore cute new flip flops and sunglasses, we ate birthday cake and opened presents and, overall, we had a fabulous day. It was just what
Pai had dreamed of. And she LOVES telling everyone that she's 5...almost 6! Happy 5
th birthday, Princess
Pai Pai!
9 comments:
Oh my word, did you make those invitations? Those are beyond cute!
The flip-flop cake turned out awesome! You're so creative...I would have just bought a cake and stuck a cute new pair of flip-flops on top. That's the extent of my creativity. My poor kids.
Kristin - Kudos on our flip-flop cake! I love the blue licorice. The cakes that are made/finished in the wee hours of the morning are always the bestest!
You are over and beyond amazing! So cute!!
Looks like it turned out great! Your such a good mamma!! :)
How CUTE! Well, ofcourse, she had to have the princess cake because every girl does, and she had to have the flip flop cake because it was a swimming party. It makes perfect sense. ;) It looks like SO much fun!
We did joy school one year too. Pretty fun, and challenging, huh? What a cute group of girls!
Personally, I could eat two cake (by myself) for my birthday! Happy Birthday!!
Ohhh, so cute! Happy birthday Paiton. Brinkley is jealous, she now wants 2 cakes for her birthday to :)
What a fun party! Seriously is there nothing you can't do! It looks like the party was a sucess! That flip flop cake is just adorable!
Only Pai would ask for 2 cakes! :) She's such a character! Hope you had a Happy Birthday Pai!
Post a Comment