
Lauren has been dreaming of losing a tooth for oh-so-long now. As soon as her friends starting losing teeth, it seemed like that was all she could talk about. Well, her dream is officially a reality and she's been so excited about it! Who would have thought?!?!?

Ok, settle down and let me explain. Yes, that is a Leatherman. Yes, that was the tool that I used to remove her tooth. But, there is a good explanation. Hang tight here. Tanner and I were looking in her mouth a few nights ago and noticed two new teeth - one was cut through and in a very wrong spot, pointing in a very wrong direction. I guess her "big-girl teeth" decided they were coming in, whether or not the little teeth left. So, they made themselves at home way behind her little teeth (and angled towards her tongue...what a mess!). Since we don't have dental insurance on the girls, I took it upon myself to pull her tooth. So, it was done for the good of Lauren's teeth. No intentional torture going on here!! There is still one more that needs to come out...but we'll save that fun for another day!

And then there was Pai Pai. In all the hype of Lauren's teeth, she thought her teeth needed some attention too!! So, just for grins, here's a picture of Pai's baby sparklers!!
10 comments:
That is so funny... Brinkley was terrified to turn 5 because she thought all her teeth would fall out. She was so relieved when they day finally came and she still had her teeth.
Gol, who needs dental school when you have Kristin Cornell! Wow, good for you. Lauren is very brave. There is NO WAY Kenslee would have let me do that!!!
I can't believe you don't have to hold her down! I know there is no way my kids would let me!
I am glad you found our blog! You and your girls are so pretty! Everytime I see Lauren in primary I wish I had her long shiny hair. It is so pretty! I can't wait to hear about her missing tooth in church on Sunday! Also I need your cookie recipe because I seriously think they were the best cookies I have ever eaten....and yes I ate them ALL! I tried to save 1 for Cam but he was just out of town for too long and I couldn't resist!
You are so brave. I don't know if I could do that... just thinking about it makes me cringe. Maybe I will have to call you when we get to that point. That will be so cute with her teeth gone- you will for sure have to get her pictures taken. I always love that!! We really should get together sometime and have a girls lunch or something!!
Tanner had the same thing happen to him only on his top teeth. I ended up taking him to the dentist to have them pulled. They weren't really even loose. He hated every minute of it and because of that has had to have braces for the past year. But, they look great now. Lauren is BRAVE. Tanner would have never let me do that, I tried.
Wow! Look at YOU! You are so BRAVE!!! I would totally have freaked out. And Lauren is so cool to just let you do it. I'm impressed!!! BTW, cool new blog look!
Well I guess I am not the only mother that has a child with messed up teeth. Lauren's story is almost the exact thing that happened to Brilynn but my aunt was the one with plyers trying to pull out her teeth. Her two bottom middle teeth are very very crooked and crazy. I can feel the pain of forking out money for braces already. I was so sad that she no longer had these perfect little baby teeth and they were replaced with these monsters. Anyway, I thought my child was the only one that had her permanent teeth growing in behind her baby teeth. I think I almost had a heart attack the first night I discovered that she had permanent teeth behind her baby teeth. It really freaked me out.
That is so awesome that you are brave enough to do what needs to be done. Motherhood isn't all just fun and games, sometimes it has to hurt. Anyway that's what I tell my kids.
About our game, in the past we always have borrowed "How to Host A Murder" games from people. But this time I went to nightofmystery.com and downloaded it. The key is to invite people who are open minded and are willing to be a little crazy. Let me know if you ever decide to do one and need help.
What a brave little girl! Now I know where to go if my kids have problems! I should tell Mitchell we need to go to your house, he wants his teeth to fall out...just so he can get some money!
Post a Comment