Kristin was
canning yesterday...about 9 hours straight to be exact. Yep, you read right, Kristin was canning. Shocking, I know. So, honestly, I've never canned before. I was fearful. I was full of anxiety. I was feeling really dumb. I came up with every excuse to not can chicken yesterday. My chicken was frozen solid. I didn't have lids. I didn't know what in the world I was doing.
That's what I love about Diann. She won't take no for an answer. She is always teaching me how to be a little more domestic. Love her! I love all of my fabulous friends in our neighborhood. I feel so blessed to live among these angels.

At last count, we had done about 160 pounds of chicken. Wow!

Stacie (another
couponing, seriously domestic diva), her sweet baby
Brinley, Joni (my oh-so-fabulous visiting teacher who makes to-die-for cinnamon rolls), Vanna White showcasing canned chicken (oh right, it's only me who looks nothing like Vanna) and Diann (Queen of Domestics). Thanks ladies for showing me the ropes!!
5 comments:
Wow! You're awesome! I've managed to can peaches so far this year. I have tomatoes and carrots sitting in my fridge waiting to be canned. I've never done them before so I think I'm procrastinating. Now for my dumb question. Why do you can chicken?
Wow! You are the domestic diva! I didn't even know that you could can chicken....how smart am I?!?!? Maybe you'll have to teach me a few lessons ;o)
I am so impressed. I'm not brave enough to can chicken. I would have been just like you with frozen chicken and no lids!! That will be so nice to have that! Good job!
Wow!!! Looks like a lot of work to me:) You guys are crazy canning that much chicken but I guess I know who's houses I can go to when I need food storage!!!
That is so great that you found someone to teach you to can. (Isn't it funny that we call it canning-why don't we call it jarring?)Anyway, I think it's a lost art in this day and age. I'm still at the I'm gonna can someday stage. Good for you for taking the plunge.
Post a Comment