CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas Day 2008

We spent Christmas at Ya Ya and Pop Pop's house this year and had a nice, relaxing holiday.

Here are the grandkids on Christmas Eve - all in their new jammies (which is a tradition in our family...new pjs on Christmas Eve).
Lauren is becoming quite the reader. She got a new Amelia Bedelia book from Ollie on Christmas Eve and got right down to business - reading to anyone who would listen!
On Christmas morning, we always go through our stockings first. Not only did Santa leave Ollie a personalized stocking (OO stands for Ornery Ollie!), but he also left her with a few chunks of Emery County's finest black coal. I laughed until I was sick. Bless her heart, she's had such a tough year. We love to tease her and her medication has brought out the best of her feistiness.
Here's Laur and Pai's final stop on Santa's treasure hunt. At the end of the hunt, they determined that Santa had arranged for a family trip to Disneyland. The girls are so excited. It'll be a trip of firsts for the girlies - flying in an airplane, renting a car, going to Disneyland. They are so excited. Raegan is going to stay with Ya Ya and Pop Pop while we're away.
Raegan was able to enjoy Christmas this year. She loved her new toys and, above all, the candy canes! She was mesmerized by those huge, slow moving dinosaurs at Costco this year. Well, in the end, no $150 dinosaur. However, she was just as thrilled with her $10 Pinkie Pie pony that crawls and talks. They're so easy to please at this age!
Here's the family opening presents together on Christmas morning.
Here's the girlies working on Pai's new LiteBrite. Wow! This brought back some serious memories for me. These have been around forever!
My sweet little nephew in his Santa get-up!
The girls love to go sledding at Ya Ya and Pop Pop's house. My parents have a gigantic field and Pop Pop pulls them around in the field behind the 4-wheeler.
And, last but surely not least, my sweet husband who took all of these pictures (except this one, of course). I couldn't find any Christmas pictures of him...but maybe that was because he was busy playing with his Christmas present - a new Nikon D90. He's so spoiled, but so worth it!

3 comments:

Amie

Where do I begin? I love the pic of all of you in your parents house. Their house is spectacular! I love the pic of your girls on the sled, Danzer as Santa, and the pic of Tanner is so good! And you're going to Disney Land?!?! That is going to be awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Hayden and Kelly

So great! Um, could you email me those pics so I can have them too?? I love those pictures! Tan's present is so nice! I might have to ask for one of those! I especially loved the pic of Roo so happy. Candy cane goop in her hair! Man, she went to town on those babies! WOO HOO!

Nick and Stacey

Lauren is getting so big. I remember loving those Amelia Bedilia books! And of course the Light Brite, loved that! Although that one looks way cooler than the one I got! Nice picture of Tanner! Isn't it funny, that what we need to be better about, I usually am the one with the camera too! And Disneyland! I am so excited for you guys, I know you will just love it, when I tell Nick he is going to be so Jealous! Have Fun!