CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 5, 2009

A Visit to Temple Square

We took the Young Women and the Young Men to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights and the Joseph Smith movie. I love seeing the lights. And, the best part? My friend Joni was smart enough to take us to the top of the Joseph Smith building for excellent viewing and much warmth. What a smart cookie she is!

It was also great to see the Joseph Smith movie again. Each time I see it, I gain a greater appreciation for the Prophet Joseph and the trials he faced. How grateful I am for his endurance, diligence and sacrifice. And, how grateful I am, to have a knowledge and understanding of the gospel in these latter-days.

I have loved serving in Young Womens. We have such sweet Young Women in our ward. They seriously keep me giggling! Love you girlies!!

3 comments:

Amie

You are such an example, so strong. I was recently called as an advisor to the beehives, my first time serving with the young women. I absolutely love it. But- how am I going to handle leaving my four kids for both girls camp and youth conference? Its quite a commitment, isn't it?

Hayden and Kelly

You are such a great leader! Girls around the world can only hope for a leader like you! I love you!!!

Nick and Stacey

I think it would be a fun calling to be in Young Womens...well if I were as cool as you, I bet the girls just love you, you would be so good for them!