CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pai's Fieldtrip

Pai made this picture for her preschool teacher, Mrs. Connie Bohn, over Christmas break. Seriously, it just made me giggle.

My girls so-missed school and were so excited to go back. On the other hand, I loved having them home. It was hard for me to get back into the groove of things. The best proof of that was the first Friday back at school. I completely forgot about early-out at 10:30. Sweet Lauren called me at 11:00 and said, "Mom, are you ever coming to get us?" Oh, I just about died. I had never forgotten to pick her (or any of my kids) up. Hello!?! I really deserve to be Mom of the Year! How do you forget to pick up your child? Seriously!


I offered to drive on Pai's preschool field trip this week. These are Pai's fave preschool friends, all ready to go. We were off to McDonalds. After touring the kitchen (and those large vats of cloudy, slimy grease - which caught my attention in a not-so-good way), the kids ate and played in the playland. The kids thought the field trip was amazing! I have to say, they were very accommodating to these preschool kids. The kids got to watch them make food, take orders at the drive-up and even visit the walk-in fridge. Then, they treated the kids to pancakes and soda. The kids were in heaven!

5 comments:

Amie

Oh my goodness, I'm glad it was pancakes and not french fries after seeing the large vats of grease! You know, it doesn't surprise me a bit that this is the first time you've forgotten early out. Whereas, I have long passed the "What kind of a mother does this make me?" stage, and now I think my kids have a regular Fri. appnt. with the secretary and the phone! Okay, I'm not quite that bad.

Cooper Clan

I think we've all done it at least once, or were really close to doing it...so don't feel to bad! and yes, you're are still a great mom!

Hayden and Kelly

Oh that is making me laugh so hard. Mrs. Connie Bohn, I love it! You didn't tell me you forgot to pick up Lar! That makes me giggle. Seriously, you are the best mom EVER! It will teach her patience :). I was so anticipating the field trip report! I wish I could have seen them in action! I'm sure they loved that! Give Pai a headset and a cash register and that girl would go to town! Wash she out at the tables taking orders?

houseofgirlsandjohn

Wow, you have been updating the blog. Wasn't that the worst feeling? It's one of those things were your heart seriously drops. Look like you guys had a great christmas and we are so jealous of your disneyland trip. Have fun!!!

Nick and Stacey

What a trip to McDonalds...I think I agree with you, I would rather everything in the making process be a mystery! ;) I am sorry you forgot to pick the girls up, but really it is funny and it seems like every mom has to do it at least once or twice..it makes us know you really are normal!