Every CPA needs a boring office to match their boring personality, right?! I decided to jump out-of-the-box (if only for a minute) to give my home office some spunk. I had most everything before, just added a little paint, a bit of fabric and...VOILA!

My mom (the bestest seamstress ever!) whipped up some pillows out of napkins (straight from the clearance bin, of course!).


These glass doors in my desk hutch just weren't HiDiNg things like I wanted them to (after all, who wants to look at a million sheets of copy paper and envelopes in five sizes?!). So, a little rubber cement and a little fabric did the trick (and it's NOT permanent - in case I change my mind in a few months!!).

And, these green beauties...aren't they great?! These chairs have been in my life for many, many years in a dull, off-white state. A cute gal here in Syracuse painted them for me. These pics don't do the chairs justice. She distressed them with a dark brown stain and, well, I think they're pretty fab!
Now, tell me this: does your CPA have an office as hip and fun as this??
12 comments:
Seriously I love it! Green and Black...my two favorite colors right now! I think I might need to give you a call one of these days, we are thinking of having a flip flop party for Faye...and I remembered the awesome cake you made, I might need to copy it! haha
Ummm- I would actually consider doing math myself in a room like this! ;) That means I must love it a lot! :) It's incredible! Your taste is impeccable!
Beautiful!!! I looked up the website for the "chair lady" and you're right, she does a great job. Way cute room!!
I love it!! You are so talented. your clients will be so comfortable they won't want to leave! I am sure when tax season rolls around you live in that office so why not make it adorable and comfortable! Great Job!! Loves-
Looks great! I love that shabby chic look. :) I'll be sure to take some pointers from you when Jon's office is done. :)
Can you pretty P-A-LEEESE come decorate my house???
Hi Kristin,
Your office looks amazing!! Very inspiring.
I was wondering if you could email me the name of the school your kids go to? (elisaray@hotmail.com) I LOVE the idea of Spanish Immersion schools, but our district only has one, and we are not in the boundaries.
Thanks!!
Very Nice. Just want to clear the air though, you so do not fit the common, every-day definition of a CPA! Much more fun! :)
I love it!!! Your so talented at decorating, and your definitely not a boring CPA :)... You should see Tom's office... Ha Ha!
For real, come and decorate for me! I don't hold a candle to you! And you're right, accountants have pretty boring offices. You can come decorate Bruce's too, if you want!
It look great. Boring CPA, RIIIIIIGHT. I know you CPAs are really wild and crazy.
Will you come decorate this CPA's office now? I love it, you are so creative... I never thought you were boring! To answer your question, this recent tax season I was working for JCO a little bit.
Post a Comment