CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Voyage to Texas

A few more memories of my trip to Texas to see my FAVE sister of all time! I have to capture these events before my old and-ever-so-brain-dead brain forgets them :)
This is the cute, little, old fashioned clinic where Hayden works. He LoVeS his job. They are in the midst of building a new hospital and clinic in the thriving metropolis of Junction!
Junction has been going through a significant (and very heated) political debate regarding the hospital. We drove through town several times to determine how many folks had displayed these red signs - and anyone who was displaying these banners was Hayden's new favorite friend! And, on May 8th, they won the election.
Before I flew home, we did a little sightseeing in San Antonio. First, we went to see the Alamo (not the car rental desk, but the real, historic deal). It's a beautiful place, rich with history.
Then, we went to the Riverwalk. We walked and walked and ate and walked and stopped for lots of "ducky peeks." Danzer gets so excited by an up-close encounter with animals. He is just too cute!
There you have it. I promise: no more pictures of the SAME OL' trip to Texas. Have I mentioned how fabulous it was? And, well, I miss my sis. Can't wait to see her in June!!

5 comments:

Christy

Ahh, the Alamo. We went to San Antonio a few years ago and had a great time. But can you believe we didn't even take a picture when we went to the Alamo? I am still kicking myself over that one. I have no proof that we went there, but plenty of pics of Sea World...which could have been any number of Sea Worlds, so also, no proof.

Holy crap, your front porch looks adorably spring! Did it work? Because I planted flowers in the hopes of bringing spring, and all I got was frozen flowers!

Hayden and Kelly

Gosh... that was an awesome trip! Can you just get on a plane and come back? 3 1/2 more weeks until i get to see you! can't wait! LOVE YOU! xoxo

houseofgirlsandjohn

doesn't it stink that all good vacations must come to an end???

Nick and Stacey

I love it! I am glad you had such a great time! Looks like you really did it all!!!!

Tom and Emily

I love the River walk... isn't it beautiful! And the Alamo was much smaller than I had always pictured it, but very fun to see. Glad you had a great trip. We miss you guys!