CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My New Call to Serve

Young Women's

I've been having serious withdrawals since being released as Primary President. I so loved serving in the Primary. We seriously have the cutest and most righteous kids...right here in the Syracuse 3rd Ward. I love 'em! Anyway, I've been feeling empty. And then, on Sunday, I got called to Young Women's as the 2nd Counselor (to serve those vivacious Beehives!). I couldn't be more excited about my new calling!

Long, long ago, in a far away land called Ferron, I had a Young Women's leader who touched my heart very deeply. She was a role model, a hero of sorts. I loved her then and still have a great love and respect for her today. I hope that I can be half the leader she was. I love you, Jacki!

I have big shoes to fill, and I'm most definitely nervous about that. But, I'm feeling up for the challenge! Wish me luck (and much inspiration!).

7 comments:

Mist

Kristin, You will be Fabulous! I remember you talking about Jackie she was such a great leader. I know that you will have a huge impact on those girls! You are beautiful talented and organized! How fun!!! Those Beehives are blessed to have you. I hear they are the best to serve because they are so excited about the program. Good Luck.What an inspired Bishop you have:)

Jamie

You will be awesome! The beehives are way fun, but I'm a little biased towards the mia maids (I'm a mia maid advisor). :) I know you will impact those girls and make such a difference in their life, you certainly have in mine!

Nick and Stacey

You will be so awesome, what lucky girls they are! You will do such a great job! My mom is the advisor over the beehives. Lucky you, that would be a trying calling but so rewarding, I too remeber my beehive advisor, and what an impact they made on my life also! Good Luck

Cody

Totally cute blog Kristin! That's so cool that you found my blog through Melissa's. Now maybe I will recognize your Reagan next time I see her. It had been such a long time since I had seen you it seems that I hardly realized your Reagan was getting bigger when I saw you and her at church a few weeks ago. She's such a cutie! But you do have such a cute family! Congratulations on your new calling! You will be so awesome in Young Women's. The girls will absolutely adore you.

Syracuse 3rd Primary

Congrats! I wanted you for Activity Days but oh, well. You'll be great in YW!

Tara Mc

Hi Kristin, I talked to Amie the other day and she told me you had a blog. It's really cute. I'm so excited for you and your new calling, that is probably my favorite call that I 've ever had. It's great to see you're doing good. Darling family :)

Tara Mc

Sorry, I thought you'd be able to get to my blog from my profile but you can't. It's tarasbestthings.blogspot.com