CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Building a Gingerbread House

Ever since Lauren started school, Ollie has been coming to visit us every Tuesday at noon. We have all loved it. The girlies look so forward to Tuesdays. Some days we go to lunch, some days we go shopping, some days we go swimming and one day more recently we made a gingerbread house.

My sweet friend (who is out-of-town and I'm sooo missing her!) gave our family the most adorable gingerbread house kit as a Christmas gift. So, we spent the afternoon with Ollie assembling the gingerbread house. By the end, Lauren was in tears (as you can see). I can't remember why she was so upset, but I have a hunch it's because Paityn was eating all of the candy, instead of putting it on the house.

We love Ollie and are so glad to have her near us. Just wait 'til you see what she got for Christmas. Stay tuned!

11 comments:

Mist

I have really missed your posts but I am so glad you are back! I am glad you had a wonderful holiday! I loved your Christmas card! Thank You so much! Gingerbread drama. We have had it too with our five kids and grandma decided to let each of them make their own. That is great but what a huge mess! Hey I do remember Mrs. Whittle what a nice person! Does she still have beautiful long hair! Ya we have to keep our girls grounded and Emery County country like! ;)I hope that 2009 is a great year for you and your family. I will bew in touch!

Amie

It is great to hear from you again! Its so much fun getting your comments. I just love it. As for the gingerbread, how do you all do it? I decided long ago not to do any craft project with my kids that required a good looking finished product.

Anonymous

How cute. You've caught up on your blogging girl! Now it's my turn. What cute pictures you have.

Jamie

Don't you just love siblings!! The gingerbread house turned out really cute anyways!

Hayden and Kelly

Oh Lar--- my little sensitive bug. I only wish that I could have been there. BTW, I am so dang impressed with the gingerbread house! Go girls! I wish so bad that I could be apart of your Tuesday routines :(. Ah, now I'm going to go sulk for awhile and dream of my nice big house in Syracuse adjacent from the Cornell's. Bummer.

Heather

How fun! Every year I say I am going to make a gingerbread house and I never do! Hope you guys had a good Christmas! We miss Lauren in primary!

Cody

Wow! That's seriously a gingerbread house.... Way to go!!! Gotta love the holiday fun!!!

Nick and Stacey

What great gingerbread houses! I think I would have been like Lauren too...you don't make gingrebread houses to eat the candy...allthough now I think that is why you do it :) Can't wait to see what Ollie got!

Christy

Your girls are so cute! That gingerbread house looks like it was fun.

Can you post your email address? We would love to invite you to our blog!

Harris

So cute. We did a gingerbread house too!! I keep trying to throw it away and the boys have a fit every time. We might just keep it for another year. Maybe I should take a few pics before I chuck it!! Cute pics. I just realized I haven't talked to you since Christmas. Thanks soooo much for the adorable blocks. Seriously how do you find the time?? You are one talented girlie. Thanks again.. we loved them!

Tanner and Kristin

Christy, I'd LOVE to be invited to your blog and catch up. Our email address is ktcornell@live.com. Yeah! I'm excited to be able to keep in touch. Tell Bruce hi for us!