CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Favorite Sis

Well, she's my only sister, but Kelly has to be the best sis in the world. Yesterday (when I was agonizing over Lauren going to school), I received a Priority Mail package. I could tell it was from Kelly, but had no idea what was inside. When I opened the card, $5.50 in cash fell out. I thought that was strange - especially since she'd paid over $12.00 to overnight this package from Elmo to Syracuse. But then I read her card...

When Kelly and Hayden were living with us, we'd frequent the local Dairy Queen for Blizzards (Kelly's only pregnancy craving). Anyway, she knew some ice cream would cheer me up! So, here we are at Dairy Queen last night, indulging in ice cream.

And, well, this pic's for you, Kelly! Everyone inside Dairy Queen looked at me funny when I was taking this picture - but hey, good memories. I won't even attempt to explain the sliced jalapenos...you just had to be there!

I love you, Kel. Thanks for making my day a little brighter!

5 comments:

Hayden and Kelly

YEA!!!! I started crying! I miss my family! (and the ice cream :) ). SO GLAD it brightened your day. I don't know what I'm going to do when you ship her off to college! Guess I got a while to come up with something good! LOVE YOU!

Nick and Stacey

Oh I love it! That is so darn cute! I am glad you guys had a great time at Dairy Queen! What a cute idea Kelly!

Busy Mamma

KRISTIN & TANNER!! Oh my gosh!! It's been forever!! Your daughters are absolutely beautiful!! I miss you guys!! Come check out my blog . . . I just started it, so try not to be too impressed!! ;-)

Love you!! Shannon (Swint) Taylor

Joell

I also have only one sister! They are the best and sometimes the only person who really understands!

Anonymous

Kelly has got to be the most creative and thoughtful person I know! :) This story brought a huge smile to my face!