CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yummy Cucumber Salad

Tanner looked at me like I was crazy when he came home from work today and I was taking pictures of the salad I'd just made. But, don't worry, there's a good explanation for my craziness...

My sweet friend Diann has a garden to die for. It's amazing! The best part is, she shares her bountiful crops with me. So, I've been searching for a fun (and really EaSy) cucumber and tomato salad recipe and, lo and behold, I've found a keeper. It makes a fabulous side dish on a hot summer night. Enjoy!

Cucumber and Tomato Salad

2 tomatoes, medium size cut into chunks
2 cucumber, medium size sliced
1 onion chopped

Mix together in a bowl. Add dressing:

1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons olive oil

Add seasonings to taste: garlic salt, pepper and basil. Mix together and chill.

Courtesy of Norah's Menus and Recipes

1 comments:

Anonymous

Yummy! I might have to leave out the tomatoes though. Not too much of a fan. I LOVE cucumbers though!